Friday, July 17, 2009

A house! A house? Oh my, I just bought a house.

So I found a house made an offer and it was accepted today!!!!
I'm sure you wondering how I did meeting my requirements

From list one:
Big Window, check- in the living room, dining room, family room and studio/spare bedroom
Room for a hammock, check- in the little back yard or next to the studio
Dark backyard, check-some big old trees and a neighborhood street
Entrance without stairs, check-the front door you can just walk right in
Master Bedroom window, check-a quiet street that has very little traffic
Trains not close, check-but not to far either, about a mile to the closest station
Storage, triple check-basement garage and attic
place for bike, check-that would be in the garage
Garden, check-there's a small space for flowers, and a good spot for some other things to grow
Dog friendly, check-small back yard easy to enclose
Location, check-4 miles less to work, 3 miles from church, 15 minutes from family
Comfort, check-when looking at the house, it was the first house my mom liked enough to sit down in

On to list two:
Smoke free, check-enough said
Deck, Patio, or Porch, double check-patio out back, porch off of studio
Fireplace, check-one in the living room
Light, check-why do you think I'm making the spare bedroom a studio
Green, OK, room for improvement but lots of light gets in through double pained glass
Widescreen TV, check-most likely will go in the family room when I get one
Three bedrooms, check-Master, guest, and studio
Laundry, check-stackable but right now is just off the kitchen which is kind of weird
Hill, OK, not obviously high, but next street over is definitely downstream
Non shared driveway, check-hedge needs to be trimmed at the edge but it's all mine
Room, check-so much room I'm going to need more furniture
Prayer space, check-I'm thinking by the front window in the dining room

Another bonus I just discovered 4 Starbucks within 3 miles!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

All the Best for you and you know we will support you in everything you do.

Love
Dad

Gin Lynne said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

susie said...

Hooray... can't wait till the moving/painting party!