Friday, June 20, 2008

Me, Emotional?

I know I've said it in my head hundreds of times, but I'm finally putting words to my thoughts. Why is it so much easier for me to show emotion through tears than any other? Some of it is healthy and normal, like in pain or when I'm lonely, but others just don't make sense, like when I'm hungry or tired. I can't just tell myself I'm those things, I just break down. As I'm writing this God brings to mind a baby begging for attention, to be fed, to be rocked to sleep, to have someone come and take care of their needs. I am a child of the Most High God, held in His arms, fed on His Word, who finds rest in His presence. Ok, so if I'm gonna stick with the baby theme, then I want to laugh like them, and giggle and be entertained by the littlest of things. That's the child of God I'd like to be.

No comments: